Rare, classic Matcha fine powdered green tea. 100% organic. Super rich in antioxidants.
The health benefits of Matcha tea by far exceed those of any other type of green tea. When you drink Matcha you ingest the whole tea leaf, not just the brewed water.
Matcha is also widely used in preparation of hundreds of common recipes of muffins, cookies, breads, cakes, ice creams, custards and much more.
Discover the wonders of Matcha as a refreshing tea and nutritional supplement as well as a healthy food garnishing.
Made from the finest spring harvest Kamairi tea. Grown, harvested and processed by traditional farmers in lush green highlands of Kyushu island in Southern Japan.
All organic. Contains no additives or preservatives
Product of Japan
This tea is certified as organic by the government of Japan. All plant-based organic products produced in Japan must be compliant with Japan Agricultural Standards (JAS), as established by the Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries. The compliance process includes a rigorous application process as well as regular on-site inspections. Once compliant, such products are authorized to be affixed with the official JAS seal to allow consumers to easily recognize the product as organic.
** About This Tea
Matcha (Fine powder)
Takachiho, Kyushu Island
40 grams (1.4 oz)
Flavor Notes ....
Medium light, complex overtones
Medium (about 40% of coffee)
Brew Temp ......
Simmering water. About 70-80°C (160-175°F)
Brew Time .......
Whisk to a froth (See Below)
How Much Tea...
Half a teaspoon (1g) per small cup (60ml)
** How to prepare
To make a cup of Matcha tea, you will need a bamboo whisk.
• Place a kettle of water over high heat.
• Remove kettle from heat just before water starts boiling (when it starts steaming.)
• Let hot water cool down for a few minutes.
• Rinse tea cup and bamboo whisk with hot water. Dry cup with a soft towel.
• Briskly whisk the tea and hot water. Begin slowly to dissolve the matcha, then whisk back and forth as fast as you can in the middle of the tea bowl. The whisk should be barely touching the bottom of the bowl.
• When a soft foam has developed, slowly lift the whisk from the center of the bowl.
** How to Make Green Tea Smoothie With Matcha
(see picture in gallery)
Ready In: 5 Minutes
Recipe Makes: 2 cup (240 ml or 8 oz)
Matcha is powdered green tea. The health benefits of matcha by far exceed those of any other type of green teas.
Making a healthy, uplifting cup of matcha smoothie at home is easy, and you do not need any special tools.
• 1 teaspoon of Matcha powder
• Two cups of your choice of soy, rice, almond, whole or low fat milk. Or, use vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt instead
• Add any tropical fruits you like (kiwi, papaya, mango, pineapple,..)
• Ice cubes. Or, You can use 2 frozen bananas instead of ice cubes and fruits.
• Put everything into blender and blend at high speed until thick, creamy and smooth.
• Top it off with a few mint leaves, sprinkle of cinnamon or anything else you like!
** How to Make Matcha Zhio (Matcha Salt)
(see picture in gallery)
Ready In: 2 Minutes
Recipe Makes: 2 and 1/2 teaspoons
Matcha is finely powdered green tea, super rich in antioxidants. The health benefits of Matcha tea by far exceed those of any other type of green tea, since the powder includes the whole tea leaf. Matcha Zhio is matcha mixed with salt.
Matcha Zhio can replace regular salt as garnishing and in many recipes. It has a sophisticated and pleasantly complex taste, combined with health benefits of green tea.
You can use it in vegetable dishes, seafood and fried, poached or boiled eggs. It also tastes great as a rub for poultry, fish and meats.
On top of its unique flavor and aroma, Matcha Zhio will adds a natural, bright green color to foods.
Making Matcha Zhio is about as simple as it gets. Mix some advance and keep it on hand for seasoning as needed.